How quite a few instances has your wife, mother, or sister fearful far more about her heels while driving than the car’s pieces, the GMC brake dust shield, for instance?
Well now it appears to be like somebody has last but not least appear up with a option to their worries.
A new footwear structure concept that aims to “make ladies safer and additional comfy guiding the wheel, without the need of compromising on their type” has been a short while ago launched by Sheilas’ Wheels this 7 days. Sheila’s Wheels, an insurance brand name for women of all ages, has created the ‘Sheila Driving Heel’ which offers women the best of equally worlds – a safe and sound, flat driving shoe and a glamorous pair of heels in just one – all interchangeable at a thrust of a button.
According to new research from Sheilas’ Wheels, much more than 11.5 million girls motorists in the United kingdom are placing on their own and other motorists at threat by carrying the incorrect footwear when driving the wheel. Close to a sixth (15%) of female motorists in Yorkshire confess that they have experienced a motor vehicle accident or a ‘near-miss’ because of their sneakers slipping off or receiving trapped between, or under, the foot pedals whilst driving.
The report highlighted that 75% of females in Yorkshire referred to as for far better tips to advise them on the suitable sort of footwear to don when driving. A deficiency of being familiar with is plainly apparent as virtually a few fifths (58%) of woman motorists in Yorkshire believed that sporting activities trainers ended up the most secure shoes to generate in – even nevertheless their thick soles and chunky style limit both equally movement involving, and get in touch with with, the pedals.
In accordance to the company’s ‘Safe Shoes’ report a substantial 78% of woman drivers in Yorkshire wear inappropriate footwear when in handle of a car – deciding upon design and style more than safety. Two fifths (39%) of all feminine drivers in the place also confess to wearing flip-flops, whilst 19% claim that they have worn no shoes at all when driving, which industry experts say can be really harmful and is at the moment unlawful in some components of the Uk.
Evidently protection goes second to type to some of these surveyed as about a 3rd (34%) of females drivers in Yorkshire stated they chose what sneakers to put on when having prepared in the early morning dependent on what went most effective with their outfit rather than currently being the safest for driving in.
Only around just one in 6 (14%) female drivers in Yorkshire maintain a spare pair of ‘driving shoes’ in the motor vehicle to adjust into, although 19% acknowledge they can not be bothered to alter their shoes when guiding the wheel even if they know they are not the most secure for driving.
The Secure Shoes report also reveals that while two thirds of girls (66%) don heels when powering the wheel, they cited a selection of disadvantages – all of which are removed by the ‘Sheila Driving Heel’ design and style:
– It damages or scuffs the back of the heel (52%) – with the ‘Sheila Driving Heel’ design and style, the heel tucks up into the shoe and out of harms way
– Heels can at times get caught underneath the pedal when driving (49%)
– the flat shoe alternative gets rid of this possibly harmful difficulty
– Carrying heels leads to an unpleasant driving placement (43%) – the flat shoe solution lessens strain on the knee and decreased back again, improving upon ease and comfort guiding the wheel
– Heels you should not offer adequate grip (31%) – the ‘Sheila Driving Heel’ shoe has a discrete nevertheless helpful tread on the sole, to support grip on the pedals
– It wears out the driving mat (17%) – the ‘Sheila Driving Heel’ shoe has a curved back again to assist pivoting of the ankle and eliminate the risk of injury.